GE is a diversified technology; media and financial services company
dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft
engines and power generation to
financial services, medical imaging,
television programming and plastics, GE operates in more than 100
countries and employs more than 300 000 people worldwide.
And GE is Recruiting to fill the vacant Position below
Job Title:Distributed Power Application Engineer
Job Location: Lagos
Distributed Power Applications Engineer is responsible for the
technical content of the information available about GE’s Distributed
Power product line. This work provides the details of the features and
capabilities of the Product line including performance, emissions,
acoustic and other guarantees for bids and proposals. Responsibility
includes ensuring GE designs meet not only Energy business but satisfy
or exceed the customer requirements.
technical guidance in preparation for the sale, installation and
operation of GE Distributed Power products Gas Turbines, Gas Engines,
Diesel engines, Energy storage and other
- Respond to new units and services sales team inquiries for information about product capabilities.
- Evaluate non-standard product requests (fuels, applications, capabilities, etc.).
- Develop material to support marketing and sales efforts.
- Generate services solutions by proactively identifying technical lessons learned and from features added to the product lines.
- Develop and communicate Interface and Product changes to internal & external OEMs and .
- Mentor colleagues on design/IDM/tech manual issues, reviewing customer/site queries/events.
- Contribute Installation/Services issues/opportunities to PCB/TPR teams.
- Ensure engine (for the assigned product line) cycle deck is consistent with product capabilities.
- Provide content for emissions guidelines and guarantees.
- Conduct assessments of competing offerings.
non-GE OEMs, conduct package Design Reviews. Respond to technical OEM
queries related to POs and/or Installation/capability. Investigate
/resolve startup events & problems.
- BS degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace, Civil or Power Engineering.
- Minimum of 3 years Engineering Experience.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with technical aspects of power generation or mechanical drive equipment.
- Greenbelt Certified (GE Employees Only).
- Power generation/Energy Product Technical Knowledge.
- Ability to speak fluently at least one language other than English – Spanish, French, Italian
- Results and process oriented.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office and UNIX.
- Ability to coordinate activities and priorities for multiple projects.
- Well-developed team presentation and communication skills (verbal & written).
- Gas turbine testing, service, packaging, or applications engineering experience.
- Thermodynamic modeling program experience, GT PRO, GateCycle.
- Black Belt certified (GE Employees Only).
- Willingness and ability to travel (35%)
this post and don’t forget to leave your comment and remark in the comment box
Want Latest Controversial News? Download the Linjust app for Android Phones.